My new YSL wallet

My new YSL wallet.

For a very long time, I had always wanted something from the brand YSL (alternatively, Saint Laurent). It is a very trendy brand, favorited by the likes of celebrities including Kim Kardashian as well as other celebrities. 

Auckland went under Alert Level 3 after community transmission was detected in a household just under two months ago, nearing mid August (August the 12th). We couldn't go out for casual shopping or other non essential activities. 

As it was just over a month out from my birthday, in addition to having nothing much to do, and being a woman with a passion for fashion, so we decided to have a look around online for reasonably priced YSL accessories (as I had been wanting something from this brand for a long time), and eventually, we came across a wallet that I liked. It was a weak dark brown in colour, and it has a classic pattern to it, with the YSL logo clearly visible at the front of the wallet. We bought the wallet, and it arrived later than usual, in early September, due to the ongoing pandemic.
I'm not going to lie, this wallet was pretty pricey, which can be attributed to the iconic label, and the quality of it. What I really love about this wallet is that it is made out of good quality leather, as well as being Italian made, it will last a very, very long time if it is looked after properly. I like the texture on it as well, which has a pebbly texture and appearance (you can see the texture of the wallet in the image).

I also like the fact that I looks really nice with my transparent bag by Michael Kors (picture below), especially that brown and olive green compliments each other very nicely, which is an added bonus, because I want to carry my wallet around publicly as an aesthetic as well, rather than just a hide away card and money storage purse, which is what people typically use wallets as. It is great for carrying cards, cash and my 18+ card, which I use when ordering alcoholic drinks at a bar or a restaurant.

This transparent bag, which we bought online last year, is the bag I use to carry around my YSL wallet, which we recently bought.

Personally, I will use this wallet casually if using my transparent bag (as shown above), and it's good for carrying around in style when shopping or in the city, or doing business (including hobby work and photography) with friends or family. It can also be used at festivals depending on the festival and what type of bags that I have that are suitable. I would not wear it to a farm, or an area in which it is likely to get wet or dirty, and I will certainly not use it on adventure activities, due to the fact this wallet is expensive. It is also a little bit too casual for a very formal or a glamorous occasion, like New Year's Eve, unless carried in a see through clutch or a transparent bag that is designed for formal occasions. It is not a good idea to carry it to a beach, especially if I am going in the water and if I leave my belongings unsupervised, as it is risky.

Despite being expensive (It was over NZD $800 for us due to added tax as well), this wallet is well worth the price - due to the quality, the fact that it is made in Italy, the design of it, and the fact that it is a very iconic wallet with the logo visible at the front. 

Unfortunately, YSL wallets (or any other item excluding perfumes, makeup and perhaps sunglasses) cannot be found in New Zealand - and you will have to go online. If you live in a country where a physical store sells YSL items, or where there is an actual physical YSL store, then great! If not, you will have to go online.


 

Comments

Popular Posts